United States of Care is excited to share our initial set of 2023 state policy priorities as well as a variety of resources designed to support state policymakers as they work to make targeted improvements to the health care system.
We’ve spent the last three years listening to thousands of people across the country to understand the health care policy solutions they want prioritized. Health care remains a top concern for people across the country. Voters are looking to policymakers for commonsense solutions that build a fairer system and doesn’t leave anyone bankrupt when they need care. Many of the solutions on this list are immediately actionable at the state level, including expanding eligibility for public health coverage programs, providing new low-cost coverage options, and eliminating out-of-pocket costs for basic health care services.
As our team works in a subset of states to advance these targeted solutions, we want any state-level policymaker to have access to resources that can help them meet the needs of their constituents. We encourage policymakers to review and consider adopting these priorities.
Resources for state policymakers:
- “United Solutions for Care” which includes four core goals and a dozen targeted solutions to the most pressing and urgent challenges people face with the health care system. (Download the overview.)
- 2023 State Policy Priorities which includes more details on near-term state-level actions to expand eligibility for public health coverage programs, provide new low-cost coverage options, and eliminate out-of-pocket costs for basic health care services.
- Overview of the ways we work in the states and the support USofCare is available to provide to policymakers and other state partners. (Download the overview.)
- Policymaker Message Guide: How to talk about what people want from the health care system. (Download the guide.)
- Policymaker Platform: Sample statements, goals, and solutions for policymakers seeking to center people’s needs in their efforts to improve the health care system. (Download the platform here.)
If you have questions or are interested in partnering on solutions in your state, please reach out to our team by emailing our State Partnerships and External Affairs Director at [email protected].