Who We Are
Unite Behind Change
At United States of Care, we are listening to people’s needs, developing policy solutions, and partnering with others to ensure our health care system works for everyone.
Our values are how we work internally and externally, what we hold up and celebrate, and what we are constantly striving for and aspiring to be as an organization.
- People-Centered: Everything we do is centered around people: we work to solve the biggest problems in health care by listening, inviting new and different perspectives, and grounding our approach in the people affected by the system. Diverse voices and experiences, inside and outside of USofCare, matter and deserve to be heard.
- Culture of Care: Our mission of health and well-being extends to all of our relationships. We approach our relationships – internally and externally – by recognizing, respecting, and valuing the whole person, and we care first about each other’s humanity. We know that part of caring for each other is providing and receiving thoughtful, direct feedback.
- Innovative Problem Solvers: We tackle big, complicated problems by being innovative, looking for alternative approaches, and adjusting current thinking in new ways. We thrive on finding solutions to challenges and approach them with curiosity, determination and creativity. We collaborate because we know that there is power in the number of minds and diversity of perspectives in tackling big problems.
- Adaptability: We know that not everything goes according to plan. We approach our work with flexibility and adaptability by embracing uncertainty, celebrating change, and being excited about the unknown. We balance thoughtful preparation with the need for timely execution. We believe that being nimble and action-oriented is part of making a real impact.
- Accountability: We approach all of our work and partnerships with intentionality and preparedness. We expect all of our teams and co-workers to contribute fully, take initiative, and appropriately seek input from others. We believe in teamwork, direct communication, and that we each have a responsibility to support each other to get to the best outcome.
We’re pioneering a new approach to drive change that will make a difference in people’s lives.
We believe that in order to have a health care system where everyone can access quality affordable health care, we must start by listening to people and include them at every step of change. From understanding people’s needs, to policy innovation and design, to pushing for change through our state and federal efforts, USofCare is putting people FIRST.
We’re building a better health care system by employing a unique cross-sector approach to prioritizing, creating and advancing policies that meet the needs of people and result in a more equitable health care system.
Meet Our Experts
United States of Care has assembled a unique set of cross-sector advisors and experts who collectively inform our work, while expanding our reach and impact.
There is nothing more serious. There’s nothing that has more importance than access to health care in our country.Andy Slavitt Co-Founder of United States of Care and Board Chair Emeritus
To Improve Health Care, We Need Bipartisan Solutions
Dr. Lisa Fitzpatrick, M.D. and Founder of Grapevine Health, discusses the importance of understanding the challenges of accessibility and affordability, why health care should not be a political issue, and the need for more bipartisan solutions.
Our Partners & Supporters
- AARP Logo
- Allina Health Logo
- Ballad Health Logo
- California Health Care Foundation Logo
- Cedars Sinai Logo
- Christiana Care Logo
- The Commonwealth Fund Logo
- COVID collaborative
- Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy Logo
- George Family Foundation
- HLTH Foundation
- Marshfield Clinic Health System
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Penn LDI
- Sutter Health
- Well Being Trust
- West Health
- Yale Tobin Center fo Economic Policy
2020 Annual Report
When 2020 began, we could have never predicted all that would lie ahead. No one could. We faced a year of a pandemic that’s claimed more than 700,000 lives.
USofCare is proud of what we accomplished in 2020 — what we accomplished not just in spite of the trials the year held, but because of them.
Careers & Opportunities
Join Our Team
Would you like to join our team of passionate people working towards positive and sustainable health care solutions?
Stay up to date!
Sign up to receive the latest news, resources and updates on building a better health care system.