News & Updates, Research, Resources, State Efforts
USofCare Interested Parties Memo – 2019 Potential State Policy Trends
United States of Care has spent the last six months listening and learning from health care leaders in states across the country. The team has visited four states and held conversations with more than 20. Momentum for meaningful action to address health care challenges continues to build at the state level, and United States of Care is working to identify and fill gaps to help states make progress.
Based on our outreach and on the ground learning, we believe state activity will be focused in the following areas:
- Reactive market stabilization.
- Momentum for Medicaid expansion.
- Addressing prescription drug costs.
- Exploring buy-ins to promote competition and control costs.
- Promoting health equity by addressing non-medical drivers of health.