In March 2021, United States of Care and West Health published the first edition of the playbook looking at lessons learned from older adults’ experiences of virtual health care during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This updated playbook examines the landscape two years into the pandemic and answers:
- How have older adults’ experiences with virtual care evolved?
- What barriers and concerns do older adults continue to encounter when accessing virtual care?
- What approaches are five different organizations using to integrate virtual care with their older adult population?
- Which implementation and policy goals are needed to support older adults’ access to virtual care going into the future?
- Executive Summary (page 6)
- The Virtual Care Landscape Among Older Adults Throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic (page 19)
- Two Years Into the Pandemic: Continuing to Listen to Older Adults to Drive Meaningful Change (page 30)
- Case Studies (page 47)
- Recommendations for Policymakers and Health Care Providers (page 86)
- Conclusions (page 95)
You can also view a summary of the playbook here.