State Spotlight August 8, 2020
New resources to help you manage during the COVID crisis.
- USofCare Webinar: Realities of Eldercare During COVID-19
- Join Our Team! USofCare Career Opportunities
- United States of Care – COVID-19 rapid response for state leaders
Last week, USofCare hosted a webinar discussing the challenges of caring for elders and other vulnerable populations during COVID-19. The webinar, sponsored by AARP, brought together experts from the provider, advocate and caregiver community to share their experiences and recommendations. We’ve witnessed the pandemic’s disproportionate impact on our most vulnerable populations including those with chronic conditions and the elderly. It’s critical we take those lessons to improve our response to COVID and future care crises.
- Rebekah Alexander – USofCare Voices of Real Life; Assistant Director, Yale Alumni Fund
- Alexandra Drane – USofCare Entrepreneurs Council; CEO & Co-Founder Rebel Health/ARCHANGELS
- Nick Loporcaro – USofCare Entrepreneurs Council; CEO Landmark Health
- Megan O’Reilly – Vice President of Government Affairs AARP
- Natalie Davis – Managing Director, USofCare
- Nancy LeaMond – Executive Vice President and Chief Advocacy & Engagement Officer, AARP
Join Our Team! USofCare Career Opportunities
We are seeking talented individuals to join our team to lead our communications and media work and lead our people-centered research and community engagement. Joining our team means opportunities for career growth, mentorship, and collaboration with and learning from renowned leaders in U.S. health care policy. At every level we value and prioritize inclusion and diverse perspectives. Seeking unity over uniformity, we pay attention to the diverse interests, abilities, needs, and backgrounds of every employee and strive to create an environment where everyone is heard and feels that they belong. We are currently recruiting for the following positions. Learn more here.
United States of Care COVID Rapid Response for State Leaders
USofCare’s mission to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care has never been more important than in the current public health crisis. We have been providing immediate support for state and federal government and public response needs, leveraging our expertise (including our Board and Founder’s Council), capacity, network and resources to support effective responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. Teams of USofCare’s staff are researching and responding to incoming requests, which can be sent to [email protected].