Find Tech, Data and Operations Volunteers to Help Your State
US Digital Response to match top-notch, vetted technology, data, and operations professionals with governments to help tackle the problems you are facing to respond to the COVID-19 crisis.
The U.S. Digital Response Team was started by three former U.S. Deputy CTOs (one who was a leader on the healthcare.gov rescue effort, one who founded Code for America, and one who leads the Digital Service Collaborative at Georgetown University’s Beeck Center) and a technical executive formerly from Facebook and Stripe. The purpose is to deploy tech, data and operations volunteers in states to tackle COVID-related challenges including testing, supply chain, resource deployment etc. States can learn more and sign up to seek help here. We’d welcome an opportunity to connect by phone with whomever is appropriate from your team to talk more specifically about your state’s needs.
We have heard from other state and local governments that their needs include and are beginning to spin up projects to address them:
- Help making it easier to collect and collate data from private and public testing facilities
- Help keeping websites and systems that are under unprecedented strain from going down (i.e., benefit application systems for unemployment insurance, etc.)
- Help from data scientists with modeling and mapping infection data
- Help with an online tool for the public to self-assess before going to a testing center
- Help with appointment scheduling for tests
- Help building/implementing a system to better collect and track data from hospitals about their bed and ventilator capacity
- Help re-imaging and distributing laptops to EOCs
- Help with project & general operational management, as well as supply chain and procurement expertise
- Help managing logistics and personnel shortages
What you can do: