United States of Care Releases its 2020 Voter Guide
(Washington, DC) Today, United States of Care (USofCare) — a leading nonpartisan nonprofit — released its 2020 Voter Action Guide to engage, educate, and empower voters in the run-up to Election Day. USofCare’s 2020 Voter Action Guide and 2020 Candidate Guide (released last month) offers key messages for candidates to consider as well as key questions for voters to ask prior to casting their ballot this fall.
“As we enter the home stretch of this election amid the worst public health crisis in a hundred years, health care remains a top priority for voters,” said Emily Barson, Executive Director at United States of Care. “The American people are counting on candidates to offer practical solutions to both their immediate challenges and the long-term gaps in our health care system. Our 2020 Voter Action Guide not only highlights challenges that individuals and families are grappling with during the pandemic, but it also provides a toolkit for voters to participate in this year’s elections.”
“United States of Care is constantly talking to people across the country about COVID-19 and the state of health care in the US,” added Erin Huppert, Director of State External Affairs & Partnerships at United States of Care. “Voters want leaders to focus on solutions to ensure that they and their loved ones can access and afford their needed care.”
USofCare’s 2020 Voter Action Guide urges Americans to ask candidates the following questions:
- Both now and after the pandemic, what would you do to create a health care system that is reliable, fully resourced, and available whenever it is needed?
- What efforts will you take to improve our health care system to care for everyone, including people who are vulnerable and those who were already struggling before the pandemic hit?
- How will you ensure people can provide for themselves and their loved ones, especially considering the financial impact of the pandemic?
- How will your initiatives make it easier for people to feel secure, free to make decisions, and that they have dependable health care coverage regardless of life changes?
- What will you do to assure we are prepared for future surges of the pandemic?
United States of Care is a nonpartisan organization committed to ensuring that every American has access to quality, affordable health care. It supports endorsing state-based policies, building resources to understand current and new ideas, and educating and mobilizing the public toward this mission.