United States of Care is looking for an intern to join our growing team this summer. A nonpartisan nonprofit, United States of Care is building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone.
Our mission is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. We are making it happen by working with Americans from across the country: patients and caregivers, advocates, physicians and other clinicians, policymakers, and business, civic, and religious leaders–and you.
The intern will support all departments within United States of Care–policy, communications, operations, and state and federal engagement–with particular focus on public engagement. Potential projects include conducting and synthesizing research, online communications strategy, and administrative tasks for the Senior Director of Public Engagement. Interns are also encouraged to take advantage of local health care, educational, and networking events, and to bring that content back to the office to share with our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to internal and external written documents on people-centered policy priorities;
- Synthesize mixed-methods research findings;
- Assist with direct communication with the general public to understand the needs of people;
- Support the United States of Care team in research, planning, and administrative tasks;
- Be able to read, understand, and summarize information and research in a concise manner for supervisor;
- Stay up to date with current health care related activities and policies.
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and be open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or masters program, likely with a focus on public health, policy, or other social sciences;
- Strong interest or experience in campaigns, grassroots movements, community building and advocacy and organizing efforts, or startup environment;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing team;
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and able to manage competing priorities;
- Relevant work experience;
- Strong communications and writing skills;
- Microsoft Office and G Suite proficiency.
This position is full time. Internships at United States of Care require a three month commitment. Extension of the internship may be possible. Applicants must be located in Washington, D.C.
This position provides a monthly stipend of $2500 for 40 hours of work per week. There is also the opportunity for school credit, if permitted by your college or university.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Summer PE Intern” and your last name in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.