USofCare Announces Leading Entrepreneurial Advisory Board to Help Shape Policy Efforts to Provide Affordable Health Care for All
Group unveils the first of two advisory groups created to overcome today’s most pressing health care challenges
Washington, D.C. – Today, United States of Care introduces the first of two advisory bodies – the Entrepreneurs’ Council – to ensure that everyone has access to the health care they need. Along with the soon-to-be-unveiled Voices of Real Life Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Council brings together leading executives who combine transformational thinking with practical solutions and real world success necessary to solve our most substantial health care challenges.
The Entrepreneurs’ Council will collaborate with USofCare policy leaders to envision and recommend viable solutions for affordable and accessible health care. The members of the Entrepreneurs’ Council are industry-recognized leaders representing various segments of the health care industry and bring a unique perspective to United States of Care.
“We are thrilled to work with the Entrepreneurs’ Council and apply their unique brand of thinking to our efforts to create health care policy that works for all Americans,” said Emily Barson, USofCare’s Executive Director. “Each council member has a history of creating inspired solutions to solve some of health care’s most pressing challenges, so we look forward to partnering with them to solve the biggest health care challenge of all.”
Entrepreneurs’ Council members include:
Lauren Driscoll, Co-Chair, Founder, Project Well.
John Driscoll, Co-Chair, CEO, CareCentrix.
Trevor Price, Co-Chair, Founder & CEO, Oxeon Holdings
Todd Park, Co-Founder, Executive Chairman, Devoted Health.
David Caluori, General Partner, Welsh, Carson Anderson & Stowe.
Todd Cozzens, Managing Partner, Leerink Transformation Partners.
Alexandra Drane, Founder and CEO, Rebel Health.
Sean Duffy, Co-Founder and CEO, Omada Health.
Curtis Lane, Founding Partner, MTS Health Partners.
Carolyn Magill, CEO, Aetion.
Anita Pramoda, CEO, Owned Outcomes.
Eugene Sayan, Founder, CEO, Softheon.
Glen Tullmann, Founder, Executive Chairman, Livongo.
David Wennberg, MD, CEO, Quartet Health.
Anne Wojcicki, Founder and CEO, 23andMe.
“I am honored to serve as co-chair of the Entrepreneur’s Council,” said Lauren Driscoll. “Every member is committed to US of Care’s core mission and each brings a proven track record of innovation. We are extremely excited by the insight and support these accomplished health care leaders bring to bear to help tackle the systemic challenges in US health care.”
The Entrepreneurs’ Council will be formally introduced Monday, Oct. 28, 2019, at HLTH in Las Vegas, NV.
About United States of Care
United States of Care is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to ensuring that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care. The organization supports endorsing state-based policies, building resources to understand current and new ideas, and educating and mobilizing the public to make progress toward this mission.
About USofCare’s Entrepreneurs’ Council
- Founder and CEO, Project Well.
- Former Principal, Leavitt Partners.
- Former Executive Director, Village Health Works.
- Corporate Director, Oxford Health Plans.
- Former policy staff – Clinton Task Force on health care reform.
- CEO, CareCentrix
- Twenty-five-year health care industry leader
- Former President, Castlight Health
- Member, White House Entrepreneurs’ In-Residence Program, 2011
- Founder, former Chair, Surescripts ePrescribing Network
- Founder and CEO, Oxeon Holdings
- Co-Founder & General Partner, Town Hall Ventures
- Co-Founder, Board of Directors, Docent Health
- Co-Founder, Chairman of the Board, Eleanor Health
- Co-Founder, Strive Health
- Co-Founder, Empiric Health
- General Partner, Healthcare Group, Welsh Carlson Anderson & Stowe.
- Former Principal, General Atlantic.
- Former healthcare investment banker, Piper Jaffray.
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Leerink Transformation Partners.
- Co-Lead, healthcare investing, Sequoia Capital.
- Co-Founder, former CEO of value-based business, Optum.
- Co-Founder, former CEO, Picis.
- Co-Founder and CEO, Rebel Health
- Co-Founder and CEO, ARCHANGELS.
- Wellness expert, Prudential.
- Co-Founder Eliza Corporation & Engage with Grace.
- Co-Founder and CEO, Omada Health.
- Founder, Excel Everest.
- Former editor, Medgaget.com.
- Founding Partner, MTS Health Partners.
- Founding Partner, WindRose Health Investors.
- Former healthcare investment banking group lead, Bear Stearns.
- CEO, Aetion, Inc.
- Former CEO, Remedy Partners.
- Former Executive Vice President, Payer Strategy and Operations, Evolent Health.
- Co-Founder, Executive Chairman, Devoted Health.
- Former U.S. Chief Technology Officer, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Former CTO, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Co-Founder, athenahealth
- Co-Founder, Castlight Health.
- CEO, Owned Outcomes
- Executive adviser, Technology Crossover Ventures.
- Board Director, Health Catalyst.
- Board Director, Dupage Medical Group
- Board Director, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Former CFO, Epic Systems Corporation.
- Founder, CEO and president, Softheon.
- Board member, Center for Dynamic Data Analytics
- Healthcare IT board member, The Center for Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology.
- Board member, Long Island Software & Technology Network.
- Co-founder, Managing Partner, 7wire Ventures.
- Executive Chairman, Livongo.
- Former CEO, Allscripts.
Dave Wennberg, M.D.
- CEO, Quartet Health.
- Former chief science officer, Quartet Health.
- Co-Founder, former chief science officer, Health Dialog Analytic Solutions.
- Former CEO, Northern New England Accountable Care Collaborative.
- Former CEO, High Value Health Collaborative, The Dartmouth Institute.
- Co-Founder and CEO, 23andMe.
- Co-Founder, board member, The Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences.
- Former healthcare consultant, Passport Capital
- Former healthcare investment analyst, Investor AB.