United States of Care Welcomes New Founder’s Council Members; previews two new advisory groups as part of continuing organizational growth
Washington, D.C. – United States of Care (USofCare) is excited to announce the addition of 11 new members to its Founder’s Council. These individuals will join an expanding roster that brings together nearly 90 influential members from across the health care system. With these additions, the Founder’s Council will continue to serve as a policy resource to state partner organizations and guide and inform USofCare’s work to make sure everyone has access to quality, affordable health care in the United States.
The Founder’s Council includes key stakeholders from across the health care industry including doctors, nurses, patients and advocates, former elected officials and other industry professionals. USofCare is dedicated to bringing together a diverse set of respected and influential individuals to help advance USofCare’s mission and reshape the conversation around health care — by discussing solutions in human, not political terms.
“The new additions to our Founder’s Council strengthen an already formidable group of thought leaders, while boosting the voice of this movement. Their varied experiences provide a valuable perspective to the council, and I am excited to see what we can accomplish together,” said Emily Barson, Executive Director.
New Founder’s Council members include:
- John Bardis, Chairman and CEO of Share M.D; former Assistant Secretary of Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Richard Deem, former Senior Vice President, Advocacy, American Medical Association.
- John Driscoll, CEO, CareCentrix.
- Lauren Driscoll, Founder and CEO, Project Well.
- Lisa Fitzpatrick, MD, epidemiologist and health literacy expert.
- Wright Lassiter III, President and CEO, Henry Ford Health System.
- Peter Morley, Patient Advocate, two-time cancer survivor and health care activist.
- Ai-Jen Poo, Executive Director and Co-Founder, National Domestic Worker’s Alliance, co-director, Caring Across Generations and co-founder, SuperMajority.
- Trevor Price, Founder and CEO, Oxeon Holdings.
- Michael Slubowski, President and CEO, Trinity Health.
- Susan Turney, MD, CEO, Marshfield Clinic Health System.
“Adding individuals of this caliber to the Founder’s Council illustrates the growth and impact of USofCare over the past two years,” said J. Mario Molina, M.D., current USofCare Founder’s Council member. “Our new members will help to expand our perspective, which will better position us to understand the health care wants and needs of our fellow Americans, so we can change the system so it can work for all of us.”
Over the next few weeks, USofCare will introduce two new advisory bodies — the Entrepreneurs Council and Voices of Real Life — to expand the voices and perspectives informing our work. Recognizing the inclusive nature of their work and mission, USofCare created the new groups to add the best, most innovative, most practical thinking to help find real world solutions to address current health care challenges. Additional details about the new councils, including membership and roles within UsofCare, will be shared soon.
For more information about the new additions to USofCare’s Founder’s Council, please visit www.UnitedStatesOfCare.org/leadership.
About United States of Care
United States of Care is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to ensuring that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care. The organization supports state-based policies, building resources to understand current and new ideas, and educating and mobilizing the public to make progress toward this mission.
About new Founder’s Council Members
John Bardis, Alpharetta, GA
- Chairman and CEO of Share M.D.
- Founder and former CEO, MedAssets.
- Former Assistant Secretary of Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Named “Top 100 most Influential Leaders in Healthcare,” by Modern Healthcare (2011-2014).
Richard Deem, Arlington, VA
- Former Senior Vice President, Advocacy Group, American Medical Association.
- Thirty-five year career with American Medical Association.
- Former special assistant to former Health and Human Services Secretary Richard Schweiker.
John Driscoll, Greater New York, NY
- CEO, CareCentrix.
- Twenty-five-year health care industry leader.
- Member, White House Entrepreneurs in Residence Program, 2011
Lauren Driscoll, Greater New York, NY
- Founder and CEO, Project Well.
- Senior adviser, Leavitt Partners.
- Former Board Member, former Co-Chair of Women’s Health Pavilion Committee – Village Health Works.
- Former member – Clinton Health Task Force.
Lisa Fitzpatrick, M.D. MPH Washington, D.C.
- CDC-trained epidemiologist, board certified infectious disease physician.
- Physician and health literacy expert.
- Founder and CEO, Grapevine Health.
- Clinical professor, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Lecturer, George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health.
Wright Lassiter III, Detroit, MI
- President and CEO, Henry Ford Health System.
- Thirty-year health care industry leader.
- Board Member, Detroit Children’s Fund.
- Member, board of directors, Invest Detroit.
Peter Morley, New York, NY
- Health care activist and patient advocate, lives with chronic disease (Lupus).
- Two-time cancer survivor.
Ai-Jen Poo, New York, NY
- Award winning organizer, thought leader, social innovator and a leading voice in the future of work and family care solutions.
- Executive Director, National Domestic Worker’s Alliance.
- Co-Director, Caring Across Generations.
- Co-Founder, SuperMajority.
Trevor Price, New York, NY
- Founder and CEO, Oxeon Holdings.
- Board Member, AVIA Ventures
- Co-founder, board of directors, Docent Health
- Co-founder, Chairman of the Board, Eleanor Health.
Michael Slubowski, Detroit, MI
- Forty years’ experience as a health care executive.
- President and CEO, Trinity Health.
- Former President and CEO, SLC Health.
- Former Executive Vice President, Mercy Health Services.
Dr. Susan Turney, Madison, WI
- CEO, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Former Chair, Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Director of Patient Financial Services, Marshfield Clinic Health System.
- Former President and CEO, MGMA – ACMPE
- Former CEO, Executive Vice President, Wisconsin Medical Society.