United States of Care is searching for interns to join our expanding team during the autumn session. The mission United States of Care is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. A nonpartisan nonprofit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone.
DC Interns primarily support the objectives of the policy and public affairs teams, though they will also engage with operations, development, and state and federal affairs as necessary. Potential projects include policy research and social media management. Interns are encouraged to take advantage of local health care and networking events, and to bring their learnings back to the office to share with our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the United States of Care team in research, outreach, planning, and operations;
- Be able to read, understand, and summarize information and research in a concise manner for supervisor;
- Stay up to date with current health care related policies.
- Write policy briefs and “one pager” research documents;
- Analyze and track state-level health care policy;
- Support the Policy team as necessary.
Public Affairs Focus
- Draft and publish press releases for website;
- Draft and manage content for social media platforms;
- Organize press and state tracker spreadsheets;
- Support the Senior Director of Public Affairs and Public Affairs Assistant as necessary.
- Currently enrolled in a masters or undergraduate program, preferably with a focus on Public Health, Public Policy, Health Care, Economics, or Communications;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing team;
- Strong writing and research skills preferred;
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and able to manage competing priorities;
- Relevant work experience;
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and be open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
This position is part-time. Applicants must be located in Washington, D.C. for the duration of the program. Internships at United States of Care require a minimum 3 month commitment. Extension of the internship may be possible.
This position provides a monthly stipend of $1000 for 20 hours of work per week. There is also the opportunity for school credit, if permitted by your college or university.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “DC Fall Internship,” with the focus area you are interested in (PA / POL) and your last name, in the subject line. Ex: PA: DC Fall Internship: Last
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.