United States of Care is searching for an intern to join our Development team during the fall and/or spring sessions. The mission of the United States of Care is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. As a nonpartisan nonprofit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone.
This intern can be remotely based anywhere in the United States and will support the objectives of the Development team, and report directly to the Senior Director of Development. The Development team drives fundraising and oversees several large projects within the organization. While the intern is a member of the United States of Care office, they are encouraged to take advantage of local health care and networking events, and to bring their learnings back to share with the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall support of the United States of Care development team in the engagement of prospective donors, planning fundraising activities, and general departmental operations;
- Be able to read, understand, and summarize donor information and prospect research in a concise manner for colleagues;
- Organize and assist with the maintenance of donor data software (Raiser’sEdge)
- Conduct research on donor prospects, identify potential sources of individual, foundation, and corporate donor support;
- Assist in communications with funders;
- Participate in strategy sessions;
- Support the members of the Development team as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Team.
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and be open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or masters program, preferably with a focus on Communications, Business, Nonprofit Management, Leadership, Social Sciences, Public Health, Public Policy, Health Care, Liberal Arts or other applicable program;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing team;
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and able to manage competing priorities;
- Relevant work experience;
- Strong communications and writing skills;
- Experience with databases and event planning experience a plus;
- Development and fundraising experience preferred.
This position is part time, and requires approximately 20 hours per week and will be completely remote. Internships at United States of Care require a minimum three month commitment.
This position provides a monthly stipend of $1250 for 20 hours of work per week. There is also the opportunity for school credit, if permitted by your college or university.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Development (Fundraising) Internship: Fall 2020 and Spring 2021:”, and your last name, in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.