Who We Are
United States of Care (USofCare) is a non-partisan non-profit organization on a mission to ensure that everyone has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. We champion fair and commonsense policy changes to meet people’s urgent needs: the certainty that their health care will be affordable, that their coverage will be dependable and there when they need it, that their health care is personalized, and that the system is easy to understand and navigate.
In order to achieve our people-centered mission, USofCare has developed highly intentional organizational values and we are committed to building a diverse team at all levels of our organization, cultivating an inclusive culture, and engaging with people who bring different perspectives and lived experiences to our efforts. Our values are how we work internally and externally, what we hold up and celebrate, and what we are constantly striving for and aspiring to be as an organization. View our values at unitedstatesofcare.org/who-we-are.
In building our team, at every level we value and prioritize inclusion and diverse perspectives. Seeking unity over uniformity, we pay attention to the diverse interests, abilities, needs and backgrounds of every employee and strive to create an environment where everyone is heard and feels that they belong. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply to join our growing team.
The Communications Assistant will advance United States of Care’s goals by providing digital media support, including graphic design, paid media, website management, social media posts, newsletters, and other materials. The assistant will provide project management and administrative support to the communications department and collaborate across the organization to generate and edit compelling content for all USofCare social media channels.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the creation, execution, and management of digital, social, and paid communications efforts across the organization’s platforms including social media, email, and website; assist staff in leveraging these efforts in their own professional social media presence and strategies;
- Draft and create content for and manage USofCare’s social media accounts (including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) including social media toolkits, videos, photos, graphics, and connecting current events/trending topics to USofCare’s work; and advise on additional platform opportunities and best practices for usage;
- Assist Chief Communications Officer and Communications department with administrative tasks such as scheduling, note-taking, and project management as needed;
- Assist with the planning and production of digital and in-person events;
- Assist with the layout of publications, including reports, policy briefs, brochures, and more;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of relevant work or intern experience, ideally in media, communications, public policy, political, and/or advocacy campaigns;
- Experience in creating content and managing social media platforms, ideally to advance policy goals;
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and one or more of the following: MailChimp, WordPress, Canva, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Meltwater;
- A strong commitment to health equity and ensuring everyone has access to quality, affordable health care, and open to operating in an atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Commitment to prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, including utilizing the organization’s equity lens to inform all work;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing communications team, including project management and internal communication efforts;
- Excitement about employing strategic communications, including translating detailed policy ideas to resonate with the public and policymakers;
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and execute with minimal guidance;
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and G Suite; knowledge of Slack is a plus;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Work at United States of Care
The salary for this position is $44,000.
United States of Care offers a very generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance in addition to a 403b retirement plan with match and paid time off. A full summary of benefits is available upon request.
This position is full-time and is fully remote. Candidates may be located anywhere in the United States, with a strong preference for candidates in the Washington, DC area.
All USofCare employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Exceptions to this requirement will be made as required by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. United States of Care is unable to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ an applicant.
The position is open until filled, and the hiring committee will begin screening applications on October 10, 2022. We hope to begin the first round of interviews in mid-October.